Child Support

We provide document preparation services for modification of court ordered child support and the establishment of child support for unmarried couples.


Child Support Modification

Child support can be modified either upwards or downwards. The court must find that a “substantial change” in circumstances has taken place.

So what is a “substantial change”?

The court defines a substantial change under Florida Statutes 61.30(b) as…

…the difference between the existing monthly obligation and the amount provided for under the guidelines shall be at least 15 percent or $50, whichever amount is greater, before the court may find that the guidelines provide a substantial change in circumstances.

If you think you qualify for a change in child support, then filing a modification packet with the court may grant you the change you seek.


Establishing Child Support for the First Time

For unmarried parents, establishing child support may be accomplished several ways. For most people, filing a Petition for Paternity is the way to accomplish this, while also establishing custody, visitation and other issues with a Parenting Pan.

Married parents can establish their child support within their divorce procedure.